Do you yearn to make a big difference at a purpose-driven company? Do you give working with numbers a ten out of ten? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a proactive attitude?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in R&D Tax Credits, Grants, Video Game Tax Relief and Advanced Funding. We work with some of the country’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities, and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to expand our R&D tax Team.
That’s where you come in!
As our Tax Assistant, your role will be harnessing GrantTree’s data to make our service smarter, faster, and more efficient. You’ll be working directly with our experienced delivery team, deepening your knowledge of business, government and technology as you grow. You will also be a proactive force for change; suggesting and implementing improvements to the way we acquire, manage private documentation and implement data.
On a typical day you might:
- Generate invoices for our R&D Tax Credit service
- Liaise with HMRC on the status of R&D Tax Credit claims
- Analyse and process client data in preparation for R&D Tax Credit claims
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to support in providing excellent client experience
- Run anti-money-laundering checks on clients and new business prospects
- Compile client confirmation statements from Companies House
- Investigate claim discrepancies with HMRC
- Assist other areas of the business with data entry tasks
- Acute talent in identifying small mistakes / attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets and data processing
- 1-2 years of similar work experience
- Excellent communication skills (in person, on the phone, and in writing)
- A keen interest in finance, technology and the tax credits landscape
- Ability to be in the office three days a week during your initial six-month training period
- Preferably London based
Salary and Benefits
For this role, the salary will be £27,000, depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working. So, outside of your three-month training period, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a quarterly cash incentive
- Study leave policy for a tax related qualification such as a ATT
- Eyecare assistance
- Flu Jab subsidy
- Referral bonus
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. Take a look at GrantTree’s profile on Flexa.careers. You’ll see that it’s really important to us to offer a supportive, inclusive, flexible and transparent environment where people are trusted to work autonomously. And you’ll see how our team rated us on that too!