Are you an experienced R&D Team Lead looking for a new role in a disruptive, fast-moving financial consultancy? Are you eager to use your experience to take an industry-leading service to new heights of efficiency and client satisfaction? Are you excited by fine-tuning processes, implementing high standards, and devising best practices for a passionate and proactive team?
If so, read on!
GrantTree is a leading innovation funding consultancy specialising in grants, R&D Tax Credits and loans. We work with some of the UK’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities and build technologies that will change the world. We have extremely ambitious plans for the years ahead and are looking for an experienced delivery Lead to mould the future of one of our most important services.
That’s where you come in!
As GrantTree’s R&D Team Lead, you will oversee the delivery of one of our most important services: R&D Tax Relief. You’ll be tasked with ensuring the service is continuously improving by mentoring team members, allocating resources effectively, and making sound, data-driven improvements to our processes. Relentlessly striving towards greater client satisfaction, you’ll work with the unit’s financial and technical leads to establish and maintain best practices, remove blockers, and meet delivery targets, which you’ll set in concert with our Director of Client Operations.
In a typical week, you might:
- Identify ways that we can engage with our clients in a more efficient way
- Chair one of your regular meetings with Team Leads, diving into results and helping them troubleshoot their approach to mentoring, work allocation and client experience
- Adapt a specific part of our delivery process following a change in legislation or request from HMRC
- Meet with the Director of Client Operations to align on and implement client feedback
- Align with the team budgets, targets and OKRs for the coming quarter
- Jump on a meeting with a consultant and one of our strategic clients
- Debrief with a client post-delivery to request detailed feedback on our service
- Own and provide commentary on the delivery team results at the weekly Tax Credits meetings
- A deep understanding of the R&D Tax Relief scheme
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Experience of mentoring
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders across multiple departments, working alongside Commercial and Customer Success teams
- An empathetic and driven approach to delivery management
- An understanding of the innovation grants and wider funding landscape (desirable)
- An understanding of OKRs and how to leverage them (desirable)
For this role, the base salary will be £60,000 to £70,000 depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we offer a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential.
We have a hybrid approach to working, so we encourage you to come into our beautiful office in the heart of Shoreditch and collaborate with the team 2-3 days a week while you get accustomed to the role. After that, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a quarterly cash incentive
- Study leave policy for a tax-related qualification such as a ATT
- Eyecare assistance
- Flu Jab subsidy
- Referral bonus
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. Take a look at GrantTree’s profile on https://flexa.careers/companies/granttree. You’ll see that it’s really important to us to offer a supportive, inclusive, flexible and transparent environment where people are trusted to work autonomously. And you’ll see how our team rated us on that too!