Are you a keen technologist with a flair for in-depth analysis? Do you see yourself at the forefront of UK innovation, working with the country’s latest and greatest founders? Do you yearn to work in a growing team with ambitious goals?
If so, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in R&D Tax Credits, grants, and Video Game Tax Relief. We work with some of the country’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to join our R&D Tax Credits delivery team.
That’s where you come in.
As a Senior R&D Technical Consultant, you’ll be delving into the intricacies of our clients’ cutting-edge technologies and discovering development work that’s eligible for government funding. You’ll play a pivotal role throughout our R&D Tax Credit delivery process, accompanying clients from initial engagement right through to claim completion. You will be trusted to work with businesses from a range of exciting industries, such as financial services, biotechnology, engineering, software, construction and data science. You will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the R&D Tax Credits scheme, and some familiarity with the other schemes we specialise in, so that you can effectively advise your client on their public funding options.
On a typical day into this role, you might be:
Working alongside our team of writing experts to help craft a strong and persuasive technical report on our client’s work
- Attending conference calls with CTOs, engineers and other R&D ‘doers’
- Reviewing technical data or patents provided by the client
- Identifying qualifying technology in collaboration with our financial, sales and account management teams
- Sharing a passion for technology and new areas of development that you encounter with the GrantTree team, so that everyone is up-to-speed with the bleeding edge of tech
- Minimum of 5+ years in a role where you conducted research and development work in an R&D role or working knowledge of the UK R&D Tax Relief Schemes
- A passion for science and technology innovation
- Masters in Engineering, Software engineering, Science and related discipline or acquired via personal interest
- Led HMRC enquiry processes in both in written and face-to-face exchanges, achieving successful outcomes for your clients
- Sharp listening skills to chair meetings in order to dissect complex tech
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of business integrity and ethics
- Preferably London based
For this role, the salary will be £55,000+ depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working, so there’s no pressure for you to be in the office (once your probationary period has been completed). You can work from wherever you are most productive, while we offer a fully serviced office in the heart of Shoreditch.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a discretionary cash incentive
- Discretionary Friday afternoons off
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!